Traditional Book Publishing:
Traditional book publication is the process of production and dissemination of literature or information and making it available for the public. Writers seeking to conduct business or submit a manuscript must first submit a query letter or proposal according to the Rapier Publishing Company guidelines. Once a work is accepted, Rapier’s CEO, or designated personnel will negotiate the purchase of the intellectual property rights and agree on the royalty rates. When this is accomplished, Rapier will maintain all responsibilities in getting the book published from start to finish, including working with the editing team, book design team, marketing team, production team and other supporting staff to make sure the book is completed and distributed accordingly.
Book publishing features include, but not limited to and
based on the marketability of the book:
• Professional and beautiful custom cover designs created specifically for your book.
• Professional editing and text layout in Photoshop and Adobe InDesign. In addition, a representative from Rapier will provide one on one editing, and book review summary with the writer to make sure the book is a quality finished product that is marketable to the intended reader. (The author will always maintain the position as the executive-in-charge of his or her book.)
• Nationwide distribution.
• E-book (based on the book).
• Registered ISBN and author copyright.
• Personal Marketing Representative. A Rapier representative will work with the author to establish and implement a marketing plan for the book. That person is the point of contact for the writer. He or she is responsible for setting up and arranging interviews, book signing events, press releases, and other responsibilities as per contractual agreement.
• Potential distribution in audio book format and e-book format. (Based on contract stipulations.)
• Featured on the Company’s WEB page with a brief synopsis of the book and interview with the author.
• Author retains the intellectual property rights to his or her book.
• Highly competitive author royalty rates. (Depends on overall book production expenses.)
• Book Return Services.
• Print on Demand (POD)
• Manuscript review for potential authors or writers who want their manuscripts professionally reviewed and edited. (Cost varies depending on services requested.)
• Rapier will accept manuscripts from authors who are interested in self-publishing. A RPC representative will discuss the terms and fees prior to the book making process. Cost will vary depending on the book size, the lay-out, and graphics. All fees are due up front.
• In addition, there will be cases where RPC will choose to self-publish a book instead of traditional publishing. In such instances, RPC has the right to determine which is best for the company and the author.
Manuscript Review Services:
• At RPC, we pride ourselves with one of the best editing Teams in the industry. If you are only interested in getting your book professionally edited, or reviewed, we are the company for you. Cost will depend on the services required, and the type of book, to include book size, i.e. page count.
If you need further information, please go to our contact page and complete the form as directed.
At RPC We Offer the following Book Publishing Services.
Rapier Publishing Company, LLC
P.O. Box 9663
Dothan, Alabama 36304
www.RapierPublishing.com©2014 | Design: www.TimbaGraphics.com